Described in one word: impressive. And I use the word impressive because I’m impressed with the degree of improvements I saw this year!
- larger floor space with adequate room between booths. Last year, all the booths were packed into one room. This year, they’ve expanded the area and nice placed people apart, with artists in one section and gamers and anime lovers in another section.
- more anime and even some manga!
- AnimeSpot was there showcasing some manga,
- The theatre showed all anime films like Spirited Away, Appleseed and Akira
- Anime music video displays by local editors like the amazing soulvws and JMRE09
- I even got to watch a random episode of Bleach. Lovely! I’m not sure if other random episodes from other series showed since I moved around a lot.
- more events spanning 2 days. Yay! I’ve seen a lot more fun stuff this year compared to last year.
- amazing green screen room to live out your wildest anime fantasies. Except, it didn’t seem like a lot of people utilized it unfortunately. It looks like such an amazing concept…I haven’t done it myself lol but I might on Day Two!
I cosplayed as Osaki Nana from NANA this year…my first real attempt at cosplay. Turns out that I did pretty well…it seemed to have been a hit with people. I got a lot of stares and lots of requests for pictures either of or with me. I was feeling quite like a celebrity! I even had a little photoshoot and all (compliments soulvws). Apparently I looked epic. Many people suggested I do it again for day two…I wasn’t planning to but I started reconsidering and after telling my mom about my outfit’s success, she insisted in a repeat for day 2. And so it will be (because now I have no choice haha).
I met a lot of people (thanks to my eye-catching look) and I got to be very social and friendly. Not something I’m used to…like the mass attention I got. But it was nice being different. I’m not used to getting anyone’s attention but it’s grown on me and, admittedly, I started to like it. I saw a few others dressed up, though not as impressively if I do say so myself. I was also told that I’m one of the few who looks awesome (talk about ego booster). Ah, my self esteem shot up like a rocket. Oh! I saw a girl cosplay Chun Li. It was nice and it made me decide that I should probably l go for that if I cosplay again. 🙂 We’ll see how that goes because I’m not so sure I’ll be able to make it to AnimeKon next year and definitely not the year after…or maybe. Medical school is gonna get tougher and I’ll be working 7-days a week but who knows!